2020 Top 10: Books
A lot of things happened in 2020 which, besides the wider mayhem, contributed to me consuming more books than usual. For one, I graduated so no more hours of coursework. Secondly, pandemic meant the libraries closed so I finally made the jump to ebooks. Thirdly, I got sick. So sick I couldn't read or do much of anything. However once I started to recover and was able to read again, I had a lot more free time.
So without further ado, on with the top 10! If you're curious about how these are ranked, it's a mixture of My rating system, my current mood, and a pinch of chance.
My top 10 books of 2020
- B-King Leopolds Ghost
- B-Cage of Souls
- Zero to One
- The Art of X-Ray Reading
- B-Central Station
- B-Sophies World
- B-Follow This Thread
- Highest of high concepts - The Memory Police
- Most enthralling short story - Death and the Compass (from B-Ficciones)
- Most thought provoking - B-King Leopolds Ghost
- Judge a book by its cover - The Memory Police
- Most enjoyable novella (series) - The Murderbot Diaries
- Best of the public domain - B-Dracula
- Bestest title - The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
- Layout genius - B-Follow This Thread
- Eye candy - Neverland RPG Setting
- Coffee table breaker - Archigram
Give me moar
More books? Check out all my 2020 book notes and more in the notes/Library or my all time favs and top recommendations across genres and authors.