What I Want From a Personal Blog
Frictionless writing and posting
- This blog is about [[!Learning in public]] so I want to encourage quick thoughts and regular posting by removing the barriers around actually submitting a post.
- No clumsy editing or digging through log-ins, builds, and code. Just nice, easy, [[!markdown]].
- No long build process or having to shuffle files around every time I post/update.
Integrate with my notes
- A Digital garden where there is no perfectionism or [[!imposter syndrom]] worrying if something is 'good enough to post'.
- A single source of truth where my posts can become part of my notes and vice versa.
- Ability to keep certain drafts or notes private, if necessary.
Simple photo handling
- I want to be able to dump photos in or not.
- Optimised. No long load times if you don't have that super fast internet connection or the latest hardware.
- A stream for daily thoughts that collects the random thoughts and notes of the day and puts them in context for viewers navigating and also for myself diving through the archive.
- Like a personal Twitter. (Perhaps better to just leave it on Twitter?)
- Easy sharing links and conversation sparking
- RSS and indieweb integration. You don't have to be in a social media bubble to participate.