Puppet Innovation Labs
Secret incubation projects and all that fun stuff.
The (Secret) Project
Working with the Puppet Innovation Labs to go from concept to customers in a matter of months.
- COMPANY: Puppet
- ROLE: UX design
- TEAM: UX: Cat Rayburn (lead), Wendy Oh. Engineering lead: Femi Oluwufemi. PM: Nicole Joe.
- TIMELINE: Varies per project. Under 6 months for limited availablility MVPs.
- TOOLS: Figma and so many virtual sticky notes (Miro + FigJam) plus not so virtual paper.
- MADE TO THE SOUND OF: A whole lot of kpop.
This is ongoing, ever evolving work and I can't show too much yet. Suffice to say, I design end-to-end to help take projects from incubation to paying customers. My work involves:
- Creating tooling to reduce hours of pain and manual work for users.
- Fast delivery cycles on live projects, conducting research and iterating based on beta customer feedback.
- Balancing user needs with business concerns on tight timelines to deliver MVPs based on lean principles; aiming not for perfection or a single building block but a valuable, steel thread that can stand on its own.
- Leading features and collaborating with a crossfunctional team to address user needs while limiting scope to meet time constraints.
- Learning new skills on the job, including helping design:
- Interactive data visualisations.
- Alert & notification system, considering the experience beyond a single UI or tool.
- A custom Slack bot.
- Optimised onboarding flows.
- Enterprise user management and RBAC system.
- Software as a Service (SaaS).