DACI Decision Framework
DACI is a decision-making framework for recording roles and responsibilities, especially in work that requires multiple teams or departments.
DACI stands for:
- Driver (ex: Darth Vader)
- Approver (ex: Emperor Palpatine)
- Contributors (ex: Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Motti, General Tagge, General Bast)
- Informed (ex: Regional Governors)
Examples inspired by excellent write up on DACI at my work at Puppet.
- Who is responsible for making sure this work is happening?
- Who authorized this work and is responsible for approving it?
- Who is expected to weigh in or contribute to the project?
- Who needs to know about this work?
- [[!RACI decision framework]]