NaNoWriMo 2020 Writings
NaNoWriMo is back and I'm going full rebel, aiming for 50 hours instead of 50k words in November. The goal is to establish a regular routine of writing (no last minute cramming here!) by dedicating a month to just go for it.
Doesn't matter if it's blog posts, book notes, short stories, letters to friends, or anything else, as long as it's time dedicated to (mostly) distraction-free writing.
Currently I'm working off a plan for 2hrs every weekday and 2hrs on the weekend. [[!No plan survives contact with the enemy]] (in this case, myself) and I fully expect the weekend to make up some weekday slack before the end.
Day by day
- Writing up my thoughts on the amazing B-Underland, NaNoWriMo, and outlining these challenge details.
- Bashing my notes into some semblance of order and launching this in progress Portfolio redux.
- Going down the B-Underland rabbithole once more to flesh out my notes (and still barely scratching the surface. Seriously, read the book).
- Sketching out a rough [[!Content calendar]] for this NaNo challenge and the central series: [[!Building a Digital Garden]].
- Added a wee favicon for the blog and spent far too long wrestling with social cards images not working.
- Sorting through thoughts on Digital gardens and beginning to get basic structure in.
- Finally got around to writing up my thoughts on B-Mexican Gothic, which I wanted so badly to like but couldn't.
- Bashing some vague structure into the Storytelling MOC and going down a rabbithole of Narrative structures.
- Wrote up a bit on Choosing the right platform to create a public digital garden.
- Late night drabble writing featuring an unreliable narrator, a petrol station in the middle of the desert, and a possible supernatural apocalypse: [[!Petrol Pump 666]].
- Writing up thoughts on B-The Honjin Murders, which started so well and ended so poorly.
- Starting [[!Building a Digital Garden - Getting Started]].
- Thinking about how I Write to think and starting Morning pages by compiling some Morning page prompts.
- Going down the rabbithole of Amazon alternatives for books.
- Made me think about [[!Being a hypocrite]] and how [[!Laziness is a key weapon of monopoly]].
- Following my own Write to think advice and pondering echochambers and if you should Beware what you think you want.
- Went down a rabbithole of LotR clips on youtube which got me thinking [[!What makes a badass character]]?
- B-Storm Front
- B-Perdido Street Station
- [[!Manage a blog from your notes]]
- How to manage your digital garden on the go
- Roam Research import
- [[!Why garden]]
- [[!Learning in public]]
- [[!Digital garden examples]]
- [[!Building a Digital Garden - Getting Started]]
- [[!Building a Digital Garden - The First Note]]
- [[!Getting Started with Eleventy]] / [[!How to build a digital garden with Eleventy]]
- [[!Building a Digital Garden - Architecture of a Blog]]
- [[!Build a Digital Garden with Obsidian]]
- [[!Building a Digital Garden - Style MVP]]
- [[!Building a Digital Garden - Launch]]
- [[!What on earth is DNS]]
- [[!How do you configure a custom email with Netlify]]
- [[!The difference between an email client and email server]]
- [[!How to migrate a blog to Netlify]]